Vivo announces another addition to their growing lineup of great affordable smartphones in the Philippines with the Vivo Y55, an octa-core powered 5.2-inch smartphone that has great camera, jampacked with features, all in a unibody design.
When you think octa-core powered, affordable isn’t the next word that comes to mind. But that’s not the case with the Vivo Y55 – it is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 alongside 2GB of RAM for outstanding performance on everyday tasks. It comes in 16GB model with expandable storage up to 128GB.
32MP photos? Not a problem with the Vivo Y55. Although the rear camera is rated at 8MP, photos taken can be scaled up to 32MP when you shoot in the Ultra HD Mode – how’s that for entry-level smartphones? The front-facing camera snaps 5MP photos and improves your selfies with the Smart Screen Flash Technology.
The Vivo Y55 is powered by a 2,650mAh battery (FYI, the iPhone 7 is at 1,960mAh) so taking great photos and better selfies all day won’t be a problem. The Y55 is also Vivo’s first smartphone to come with the new version of Funtouch OS 2.6 which brings improved features, such as Smart Split 2.0, Eye Protection Mode, and improved memory management, among others.
See the full specs of the Vivo Y55:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 Octa-core 1.4GHz
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB, expandable up to 126GB microSD card
- Funtouch OS 2.6 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby (micro, nano)
- 5.2-inch HD IPS Display, 1280 x 720 pixel resolution, ~282ppi
- 4G, LTE
- WiFi, hotspot
- 8-megapixel rear camera w/ LED flash
- 5-megapixel front camera w/ screen flash
- USB OTG
- GPS, A-GPS, Beidou, GLONASS
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Dimensions: 147.9 x 72.9 x 7.5 mm
- Weight: 142 g
- 2650mAh non-removable battery
Time to add this smartphone to your wishlisht this coming holidays. The Vivo Y55 will be available starting October 28 for PHP 7,990.
Follow Vivo on Facebook and Instagram @vivophil