Central Square, Bonifacio High Street Central, hosted its 7th edition of Philippine Harvest last March 16 to 18, 2018 dubbed as the Philippine Harvest meets Sabores de Espana. The Department of Agriculture (DA) and SSI Group Inc. along with the Embassy of Spain showcased some world-famous flavors of Spain side-by-side with the finest Filipino farm products and ingredients.
This three-day food fair featured time-honored Spanish staples such as olive oil, sausages, jamon iberico (ham), and wines from 15 exhibitors assembled by the Embassy of Spain in Manila. While the DA has brought together 25 exhibitors that highlights the richness and diversity of the country’s organic, artisanal, natural, and indigenous agricultural products. This includes organic heirloom rice, artisanal chocolates, coffee, and fresh fruits and vegetables.
“This particular partnership with the Spanish embassy is an opportunity to showcase the best food products and ingredients from Spain, whose influence on Filipino culture and food has been very profound,” said DA Secretary Emmanuel Pinol. In partnership with SSI Group, Inc., Philippine Harvest is part of the DA’s regular marketing activities that promote locally-grown farm and fishery products.
“The 7th edition of the Philippine Harvest is another opportunity to appreciate the finest flavors and ingredients from the Philippines and Spain, as well as recognize the men and women behind them,” said Mr. Anthony Huang, President of SSI Group Inc.
Check out some of the featured products:
1. Altanza Wines – has all the characteristics and elegance of Rioja but with more intensity and concentration.
2. Auro Chocolates – bean-to-bar chocolates that sources cocoa beans directly from local farming communities in Davao.
3. Maeloc – is a Galician cider made from 100% organic applies from over 1000 farmers.
4. Oh So Healthy – offers a fun and nutritious line of new snacking treats made from 100% real fruits.
5. COCO NATURA Coco Sugar – minimally refined Natural sweetener made from the sap of the coconut tree flower blossom.
6. ABRIL Extra Virgin Olive Oil – a mild olive oil that has the perfect balance of a sweet and peppery taste.
7. Valor Chocolates – recognized by the world for its high-quality cocoa and chocolate bars.
8. Byba Baby Food – tasty and nutritious made from healthy, natural and top-quality ingredients.
9. Ormocana Ginger and Turmeric – comes from Ormoc; all organic and produced by local farmers.
10. Badboy Tikboy – award-winning hot sauces using local chilies.